Saturday, June 6, 2009

"This planet is really bloody

Well it has been a while since I updated. . .and i only have a few minutes! So I will be quick. Team Cambodia has been road tripping through the rice paddies and mud trails that make up the provinces of Cambodia. We have been doing childrens VBS and at one military base, I got to teach English to Cambodian Army officers for 3 classes! It was a lot of fun and a blessing and a privilege to be able to do something like that. It is amazing how God is working here, how people desire to know Him, and how Christ changes a life. I asked Phanna, one of our translators, the other day, "Do you think its hard to kill someone in war, especially after a soldier becomes a Christian?" It's kind of a dumb question I know, I was just thinking about it. Phanna thinks a lot about Scripture and the Lord, and after being silent for a while, he said, "Yes, it is always hard. Maybe that person never heard about the good news of Jesus. But there is sin everywhere. This planet is really bloody". I thought it was kind of profound. I knew that and all, but just to sit among Cambodian soldiers, ready to go to the Thai border to deal with the conflict there, was impactful. How does Christ change a soldier? How does Christ change a life? These are just thoughts going through my head. Please pray for us as we are on the tail end of the trip! Pray for the kids, the parents, that we will be visiting and sharing with. Pray that above all, Christ may be put on display ever so brilliantly as He deserves. Thanks for reading and caring and praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment